Communications Manager – British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums – London
BIAZA, the professional association for zoos and aquariums in Britain and Ireland, based in Regents Park, London has a vacancy for a Communications Manager. The post is four days a week. You will work as part of a small team. Your role will focus on the communications (both internal and external) and administrative roles of the Association.
Post of Communications Manager
You will assist with the support and leadership that BIAZA provides for its membership and communication with them. This includes: direct communication with membership; communication with media and public; assistance with the preparation of BIAZA meetings and participation in them; assistance with the preparation of publications and policy documents; representing the association at meetings and acting as a spokesperson for the association and its membership.
You will also be expect to oversee the delivery of the communications part of the current BIAZA strategy
You should hold a qualification, equivalent to degree level, in the area of communications / media skills / marketing. You should have an interest in the zoo and aquarium community and the role of the modern zoo.
• Direct communication with the membership and providing support for them
• Direct communication with external organizations, public and media including the production of press releases
• Ensuring the communication sections of the BIAZA strategy are being carried out effectively
• To ensure brand delivery and continuity
• Liaising with commercial companies and coordinating BIAZA promotions with the membership
• Ensuring that all methods of communication with members are updated and effective and maintaining and maintaining and efficient office
• Assisting with the preparation and production of BIAZA publications
• Organizing and assisting with the preparation of BIAZA meetings and events
• Maintaining the BIAZA website and other electronic means of communication and ensure the information is relevant and updated
• Acting as a BIAZA spokesperson when required
• Assisting other staff members with the development of presentations and publicity materials
• Highly developed communication and influencing skills
• Highly developed IT skills in relevant areas
• Effective at developing and maintaining extensive networks
• Ability to act as a spokesperson for BIAZA
• Excellent report writing skills and ability to edit and produce BIAZA publications
• Responsiveness to the needs and requests of members
• Ability to work effectively with the media, particularly the press
British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA)
Regent’s Park, London NW1 4RY
Tel 020-7449 6351
Fax 020-7449 6359
Further details can be obtained from Dr Miranda Stevenson, Director by email or post at above addresses.
Closing date is the 29 January 2010
Salary: £19,000 per annum (four days per week)
Please visit Zoo News Digest