Scholarship Hummingbird Keeper
(Centre of Hummingbirds) - In Italy
The Scientific institution of the Italian Republic "Centro per la salvaguardia dei Colibri" is offering a Scholarship, inclusive round trip, house in Italy and financial aid to students who want an opportunity to specialize in Animal keeping with Hummingbirds (Colibri) and other exotic birds. You will be involved in vital research associated with reproduction and breeding, feeding and artificial hand-feeding. The Institution originates from the city of Trieste in the park of Miramare Castle and has recently transferred to a business centre named Città Fiera, close to the city of Udine.
1. A paid round trip to Italy (from a country of the European Community).
2. Study Visa for people who are in the European Community but have a nationality of countries outside the European Community, for example Colombian, Bolivian, Australian etc.
3. A house in a village near Udine in Northern Italy, shared with people of the same gender. It is also likely you will have to share a bedroom. All charges for the house are paid for by the Institution. The journey from the house to the Institution is 6km, you can go by bus but most students prefer to cycle. Each month, an extra €12.50 is given to cover the cost of transport. So, it is the students decision which type of transport they decide to use (All staff speak English).
4. Registration fee and program of study including quarterly rates.
5. On completion of the one year Scholarship, you will be awarded with the title of "Assistant Animal keeper" specializing in the maintenance and breeding of Hummingbirds.
6. The Scholarship offers €400 per month. A total of €4800, divided into €300 each month and €1200 at the end of the one year Scholarship (The first €300 will be given on arrival in Italy).
7. Health insurance and all obligations of law are funded by the Institution. The only things that are not included are food and the cost of transportation from the house to the institution should it exceed the extra €12,50.
1. Seriousness and responsibility. An Animal keeper is responsible for the lives of the animals in their care. Reliability, availability and time commitment is an essential and necessary skill.
2. Age: up to 26 years maximum.
3. The study program lasts for at least 12 months, working 6 days a week and 20 days of paid vacation during the year.
4. Available immediately. The study program must begin no later than 23rd May 2014.
No particular experience is required, however, it is important to indicate the qualifications, experience and work you have undertaken. Other things to include are languages and also your personal hobbies, as well as your personal characteristics (such as attitude, character, strengths and weaknesses) and a photograph of yourself.
People who are interested should send their CV
Should you want to know more information about the Scholarship, contact us at: email@example.com