Education Manager - Living Display Centres
• To take care of the animals within the Aquarium and Bug House to a standard which exceeds the recommendations of the Secretary of State’s Standards of Modern Zoo Practice
• To ensure all necessary animal record keeping is completed in line with the Live Centre policy
• To carry out procedures to operate and maintain equipment in support of the care of livestock. Specifically, maintain LLS plant facility, filtration and plumbing.
• To liaise with external veterinary consultant to provide animal healthcare advice where appropriate.
• To co-operate with zoo inspectors and the Zoo Licensing Authority to ensure inspections are carried out efficiently and to assist in complying with recommendations and conditions accompanying the grant of licence.
• Work with the Senior Education Manager to develop the living displays, to maximise visitor appeal and education potential.
• Liaise with NML’s Estates department on repair and maintenance issues relating to the Living Centres
• To be on call during out of work hours on a rota basis and to attend out of hours emergency situations as and when necessary.
• To forge effective links and collaborations with other leading zoological collections to assist in the development of formal education and agreed research programmes.
For a much more detailed job description and to apply please click
Please mention Zoo News Digest
Should you apply for this post