Deputy Head Keeper-Birds
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced, highly motivated, reliable and enthusiastic individual with a passion for bird training and the ability to produce entertaining and educational displays. This position would ideally suit a dedicated aviculturist wishing to further their career.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Proven leadership ability
· At least 3 years’ relevant experience with a wide range of bird species including psittacines, raptors and softbills
· Animal Management qualification, beneficial although not essential
· Practical knowledge and experience of artificial incubation and hand rearing of avian species
· A good knowledge and understanding of bird training techniques
· Excellent communication skills and a ‘hands on’ approach to team building and staff development
· An interest in and the practical capability to improve exhibit design and development
· A knowledge and understanding of the conservation and education roles of zoos
· The passion and capability to move the bird collection forwards
· Be a highly motivated individual with a ‘first in last out’ mentality.
· This position is full time and will require weekend work.
· IT literacy an advantage
Applicants without the relevant experience will not be considered.
Send CV and covering letter to: HR Manager, Tropical Wings Zoo, Wickford Road, South Woodham Ferrers, Essex, CM3 5QZ or by email to email@example.com
Please mention Zoo News Digest
Should you apply for this post