Deputy Section Head: Large Mammals
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Giraffe Savannah and
in 2015. Gibbon Forest
We currently have a vacancy for a Deputy Section Head to work on our Large Mammals section. This area manages a variety of hoofstock, carnivores and our herd of 5 Asian Elephants.
Key Responsibilities: A hands-on role, working on the section
· Supervising all areas of daily animal husbandry
· Developing, supervising and training staff
· Taking administrative responsibility alongside other senior staff within the Large Mammals section
Key Skills & Requirements:
- High performing and enthusiastic
· Proven track record of working with large mammals in a protected contact system
· Substantial experience of zoological animal management, with at least 8 years’ relevant experience
- Able to demonstrate good working knowledge of the natural history and management of large mammals
- Good team worker with positive outlook
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Committed to continued professional development of yourself and others
- An animal related qualification such as ANCMZA or DZMAA
This is a full time position, including weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform and 31 days holiday (including bank holidays). Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.