Veterinary Services Manager
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already
underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with
Giraffe Savannah and Gibbon Forest in 2015.
We currently have a vacancy for a Veterinary Services Manager to develop and run the on-site zoo Veterinary
section which is part of the Life Sciences Department. This is a unique opportunity to continue to develop our onsite veterinary services at a zoo that is undergoing an exciting period of change. The successful candidate will have the vision to develop a world-class veterinary service in conjunction with the Director of Life Sciences.
· Delivery of the clinical service, together with veterinary nursing, registrars and other veterinary support
· Coordinating off-site consultants and practitioners to achieve a high level of year- round veterinary
· Coordinating and developing clinical aspects of the Zoo’s research output
· Assisting with the training of clinical vet students from the University of Nottingham
· Developing, supervising and training staff
· To be an active member of the Life Sciences management team
Key Skills & Requirements:
· Experienced zoo animal clinician
· Relevant post-graduate qualification (RCVS Diploma or Certificate in Zoological Medicine, DACZM or
· Must hold, or be eligible to hold, membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (license to
practice in the UK)
· High performing and enthusiastic
· Excellent communication and IT skills
· Committed to continued professional development of yourself and others
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week with weekend duties shared amongst the vets and extra hours as required. Salary is paid monthly and is commensurate with experience and we provide uniform and 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering application letter to
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should
submit your application as soon as possible.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in