Technical Assistant to Support IZVG vets and their Clients
We wish to recruit a full time Technical Assistant to IZVG’s vets based in
Keighley, West Yorkshire.
We are looking for an organised and enthusiastic individual, with proven experience in research/veterinary nursing/ animal husbandry. You will have both the drive and initiative to succeed in this challenging role.
The position encompasses the following areas:
· Writing grant applications and carrying out research projects for clients and outside agencies (desk-based).
· Managing veterinary medicines and legislation.
· Managing the import and export of pathology samples under TARP and CITES.
· Overseeing health and safety for the office and vets.
· Become IZVG’s Suitably Qualified Person
· Managing and researching literature resources.
· At least a BSc or equivalent in biological sciences.
· Computer literacy, particularly in data management.
· Communication and self-management.
· Self motivation and an ability to juggle and prioritise work.
Previous experience of working in the veterinary and/or zoological field would be advantageous.
Salary package competitive. Staff pension, training and CPD provided. 23 days paid holiday leave.
To apply, please download the application pack, including more details and person specification, from www.izvg.co.uk/news.html, and return the application form, plus a copy of your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send CVs without the application form, as they will not be considered.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL A SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS FOUND
Once applications have been considered, you may be invited to a telephone interview. Final shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview in Keighley. Associated travel and accommodation costs for the interview in Keighley will be covered.
Please mention ZooNews Digest should you apply for this post