Experienced Animal Keeper
Experienced animal Keeper in our Lower Vertebrate and Invertebrate (LVI) Department. The role will involve the day to day husbandry of a large and diverse collection of reptiles, amphibians, fish and invertebrates, focussing on animal welfare, bio-security, water quality, record keeping and ensuring that exhibits are maintained to the highest standards.
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of current herpetological husbandry practices and proven experience in the successful husbandry of amphibians, reptiles, fish and invertebrates. A logical, precise and scientific approach to animal keeping is required.
• Have high standards of record keeping.
• Have prior experience working with aquatic systems.
• Have significant experience and interest in Amphibian Husbandry and implementing best husbandry practices.
• Understand the conservation, research and educational role of ex-situ animal populations.
• Be proficient in Microsoft software including Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Be reliable with good time-keeping and attendance and able to demonstrate professionalism.
Application form and covering letter to:
Learn more HERE
Independent International Zoo Consultant