Experienced Keeper - Lower Vertebrate and Invertebrate
Salary / Rate per hour: From £18,477
Full time: 38.75 hours/week
An opening has arisen for an experienced Keeper in our Lower Vertebrate and Invertebrate (LVI) Department at Paignton Zoo. The role involves the day-to-day husbandry of a large and diverse collection of reptiles, amphibians, fish and invertebrates, focusing on animal welfare, bio-security, water quality, record keeping and ensuring that exhibits are maintained to the highest standards.
You will have at least 4 years’ relevant experience or have 2 years experience and have completed the DMZAA course or equivalent qualification.
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of current herpetological husbandry practices. We are looking for proven experience in the successful husbandry of reptiles/amphibians/fish and invertebrates.
• Have high standards of record keeping and best husbandry practices.
• Have prior experience working with aquatic systems.
• Have a logical, precise and scientific approach to animal keeping is required.
• Understand the conservation, research and educational role of ex-situ animal populations.
• Be proficient in Microsoft software including Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Be reliable with good time keeping and attendance and able to demonstrate professionalism.
Who to apply to and how: Application form, covering letter and CV
Closing date: Friday 16th February 2018
Interview date: Thursday 22nd February 2018
Independent International Zoo Consultant