Senior Zoo Keeper
We are Chessington World of Adventures Resort and we are part of the magical Merlin Entertainments!
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Zoo Keeper for our Wild Connections team. This section cares for a variety of species, including: Humboldt Penguins, Greater Flamingos, Southern Ground Hornbills, California Sea Lions, Capybaras, Meerkats, as well as various Reptile/Invertebrate species. We deliver daily animal presentations, educational programs and guest experiences all throughout the year. In this role you would be expected to plan the days, making sure all husbandry standards are kept at the highest level as well as ensuring time management within the team, so good organisational skills and strong people management experience are a must.
In this role you will work alongside another Senior Keeper and lead a team of up to 10 permanent members of staff and 2 seasonal, and report directly into the Wild Connections Supervisor. This role will require you to work closely with the Supervisor and assist with the efficient delivery of the Zoo Operation, focusing on animal welfare, husbandry, training and guests’ experience.
We are looking for the following skills and experience;
- Experience of managing a team would be beneficial or perhaps you are already an experienced Zoo Keeper ready to develop your skills and grow into a bigger role.
- Excellent communication skills, drive and passion are all essential in delivering a wild and adventurous experience at the Chessington Resort.
- Able to stay focused and in control under pressure.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Positive Reinforcement training is advantageous.
- A good understanding and experience in working with either: birds, reptiles/invertebrates or marine mammals.
This role is full time, permanent, averaging 40 hours per week and will include weekends, bank holidays and some shift work.
For more details and to apply please click HERE
CLICK HERE TO READ THE LATEST ZOONEWS DIGEST AND POSTS BACK TO 1998