Fota Wildlife Park – Warden
An exciting job opportunity has now arisen for a Warden at Fota Wildlife Park in Co Cork, Ireland
Job Vacancy at Fota Wildlife Park – Warden
Fota Wildlife Park, part of the Zoological Society of Ireland, is located on over 31 hectares at Fota Island 10Km east of Cork City and has an annual attendance of over 400,000 visitors.
Fota Wildlife Park’s vision is to inspire people to understand and conserve the biodiversity of our natural world. The Park’s core values of conservation, education and research have ensured that we are uniquely placed to foster greater public understanding of the threats to plant and animal habitats and decreasing global biodiversity. Fota Wildlife Park has made considerable investment in the past 4 years upgrading its infrastructure and is currently engaged in a plan to develop an additional 10 hectares which will focus on Asian animals and plants.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Warden
The Warden will be required to work in a team environment supporting the Lead Warden to ensure that day to day animal husbandry is carried out effectively and in a timely manner using the agreed standard operating procedures.
Duties will include the following:
• Carry out day to day animal husbandry duties using agreed standard operating procedures.
• Work effectively within the yard team and with Management and Staff at Fota Wildlife Park
• Be able to deputise for the Lead Warden when required.
To be considered for this post the following Qualifications and Experience are essential
• Be qualified in an appropriate wild animal husbandry, biological or conservation discipline.
• Have a minimum of three years’ work experience in wild animal husbandry in a Zoological setting
It is also essential that candidates are able to demonstrate the following personal competencies
• Ability to work effectively in a team and take responsibility for a section
• Be able to work effectively and with minimum supervision and within time lines
• Demonstrate strong customer engagement and interpersonal skills
Experience in the following would be an advantage:
• Experience working in a team setting and taking responsibility when required
• Experience working with large felids and hoof stock.
• 39 hour week with alternative weekend work as per rota
• Salary package includes pension.
Completed applications should be completed via the online form below before 5:00pm on Friday November 14th 2014
Please note canvassing in any form will lead to immediate disqualification. Any enquiries regarding this post should be strictly addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org