Keeper - Great Southern Oceans – Taronga Zoo
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join the Taronga Conservation Society Australia as a permanent full time Keeper. This position is based within Great Southern Oceans Precinct and plays vital part in marine conservation through public education about precious marine creatures and their natural habitats, research, breeding and field conservation.
The successful applicants will have demonstrated knowledge and skills in the following areas:
· Certificate III in Captive Animals (or equivalent), or the ability to enrol in the course
· Possess a working knowledge of the Biology and behaviour of all pinniped species generally and their conservation needs.
· Experience in the captive care and management of marine mammal species.
· Experience in operant conditioning techniques in both routine and non-routine presentations.
· Knowledge and experience in captive husbandry and exhibit design.
· Knowledge of animal training and conditioning practices.
· Demonstrated customer service ethos and communication skills
· Hold a current NSW Class C Drivers Licence & hold or have the ability to gain a Class A&B Firearms Licence.
To obtain further information including a position description, selection criteria and an application form, please visit the jobs page at http://www.taronga.org.au/ (positions vacant) or contact Kate McDonald on (02) 9978 4706 or email email@example.com
Applications should be sent to Human Resources Officer, Taronga Conservation Society Australia, PO Box 20, Mosman 2088 by Monday 11 May 2009, quoting reference no. 2009/3878.
Visit Zoo News Digest at: http://zoonewsdigest.blogspot.com/