Amersfoort Zoo - Elephant Keeper
On very short notice we are looking for:
An ELEPHANT KEEPER who has experience with the “protected contact system”
Amersfoort Zoo is a member of the Dutch Zoo Federation (DZF) and EAZA. It is located
in the centre of the Netherlands and has a diverse collection of around 125 different
species of birds, mammals and reptiles. We also coordinate several EEP/ESB
studbooks. The elephant department takes care of five elephants of which one male and
one pregnant female. They are also responsible for the care of two Indian rhino’s.
Currently we are building a new elephant house containing a 600m2 indoor group area
and several separation stables.
We are looking for:
An experienced, motivated, reliable and enthusiastic elephant keeper to join our
dedicated elephant care staff.
• prepare and administer the feed
• observe the animals and study their behavior
• clean the animal shelters and look after hygiene
• check the fences/shelters and perform small maintenance tasks
• take part in our elephant training protocol
• answer questions of guests and illustrate animal care with a chat about feed
• Put effort in learning Dutch.
• fully qualified and have ample experience
• flexible and work well in a team
• also able to work independently
• able to work every other weekend and during holidays.
Do you want to know more about this position?
Direct questions about this position to:
Head keeper of Elephants, Rhinoceros and large Hoof stock.
Visit our website for more information about the zoo: http://www.dierenparkamersfoort.nl
Send you written applications to:
Fiet Verdonck, head of personnel
3800 BB AMERSFOORT
Please Visit Zoo News Digest At: http://zoonewsdigest.blogspot.com/