Brand new collection The BugWorld Experience based in the Albert Dock in Liverpool is looking for a Head Keeper to join the management team. The BugWorld Experience is a purpose built interactive invertebrate attraction opening in July 2009.
The Head Keeper will be responsible for the day to day management and welfare of all livestock within the BugWorld Experience and will report directly to the General Manager. We are looking for a responsible, organised and confident individual, it is essential that they have:
- Proven experience working with invertebrates within a zoological collection (ideally a BIAZA member collection).
- A proven ability to give engaging and high quality talks and demonstrations to members of the public and other groups.
- A positive attitude and a real enthusiasm for this job and for the care of invertebrates.
- Computer literate.
- An Advanced National Certificate in the Management of Zoo Animals or a degree in a zoological related subject.
- A full clean driving licenseExperience of working with medically significant and/or dangerous species.
- Experience with keeping and maintaining animal records, particularly familiarity with ISIS.
- Recent management experience of staff and a departmental budget.
Please send a C.V. and covering letter to the General Manager, Jenny Dobson by e-mail to
Closing date for applications is 28th May 2009.
A full job specification and salary details are also available from this email address.
Visit Zoo News Digest at: http://zoonewsdigest.blogspot.com/