Bird Show Keeper - Taronga Conservation Society Australia
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join the Taronga Conservation Society Australia as a permanent full time Keeper. This position will be based within the Bird Show unit which is responsible for delivering Taronga Zoo’s spectacular free flight bird show.
The successful applicant will have knowledge and skills in the following areas:
• Certificate III in Captive Animal (or equivalent), or the ability to enrol in the course
• Captive husbandry and exhibit design;
• Animal training and conditioning practices;
• Captive care and management of avian species;
• Biology and behaviour of avian species generally and their conservation needs;
• Operant conditioning techniques in both routine and non-routine presentations;
• Customer service ethos;
• Presentation and communication skills;
• Hold a current NSW Class C Drivers Licence & hold or have the ability to gain a Class A&B Firearms Licence.
To obtain further information including a position description, selection criteria and an application form, please visit the jobs page at www.taronga.org.au (positions vacant) or contact Madelon Willemson on (02) 9978 4542, or email email@example.com
Applications should be sent to HR Officer, Taronga Conservation Society Australia, PO Box 20, Mosman 2088 by Friday 12 June 2009, quoting reference no. 2009/389.
Please visit Zoo News Digest at: http://zoonewsdigest.blogspot.com/