Taronga Conservation Society - Keepers – Elephant Unit
This is an exceptional career opportunity for committed and experienced Keepers to join our Life Science and Environmental Education division within our Elephant Unit.
Embracing all aspects of the Life Sciences division, these dynamic roles exist during an exciting time for the Elephant Unit due to its redevelopment master plan and its focus on the regional Elephant Conservation Breeding program within the context of both free and protected contact.
The successful applicants will ideally have a demonstrated level of experience working with captive Elephants and will possess:
· Certificate III in Captive Animal (or equivalent), or the ability to enrol in the course;
· Knowledge and experience in captive husbandry and exhibit design;
· Knowledge of animal training and conditioning practices;
· Extensive experience and knowledge regarding the theory of training, the biology of elephants, animal behaviour and operant conditioning;
· Demonstrated experience in elephant husbandry & management;
· Demonstrated customer service ethos;
· Demonstrated presentation and communication skills;
· Hold a current NSW Class C Drivers Licence and hold or have the ability to gain a Class A&B Firearms Licence.
To be successful in this position you are required to complete an application from and address the selection criteria. To obtain and information package, including position description, application form and selection criteria, please visit our website at www.taronga.org.au (positions vacant) or contact Kate McDonald via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications, addressing the selection criteria, should be sent to HR Officer, TCSA, PO Box 20, Mosman 2088 by Monday 18 May 2009 quoting reference. no. 2007/3938.
Please visit Zoo News Digest at: http://zoonewsdigest.blogspot.com/