Bear Manager - Moon Bear Rescue Centre in China
Highly motivated, experienced and dedicated animal professional is required to work with rescued Asiatic black bears at our Moon Bear Rescue Centre in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China.
The position will work as part of a team of Bear Managers responsible for overseeing teams of local bear keeping staff involved in the daily care and management of the bears housed within the rescue centre. It will also involve working alongside and liaising with the resident Vet team plus our Animal Conditioning Consultant to manage various daily operations. The Bear Manager will report directly to the Bear & Vet team Director.
Both formal qualifications and proven practical experience are essential for this position.
- Co-coordinating various daily operations:
- Animal care and management
- Maintenance and adjustment of existing enrichment programs
- Bear food and stock ordering system
- Maintaining bear behavior records & databases
- Formal qualification (university degree) in zoology, biology, conservation, animal behaviour or related field
- Three to five years work experience in a zoo or similar working environment
- Excellent communication, organisational and practical skills
- Strong management skills and the ability to work in a team or independently
- Patience and willingness to work within a different culture are essential
- Fluent in English language
- Must be able to commit for two years
- On site accommodation and subsidized meals
- Relocation Assistance
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Holidays
How to Apply
Interested parties please send your application letter, full resume and completed Job Application Form (in Word format) to email@example.com. Please quote the position applied for on the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Applicants not hearing from us within six weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications is 12th April 2013.
Personal Data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.
Please mention Zoo News Digest should you apply for this post
Please also consider advertising your vacancy here in Zoo Jobs. Simply send it as an attachment or within the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancies advertised here reach more zoo/aquarium staff in more zoos around the world faster than any other medium
For Your Further Information