BRISTOL ZOO GARDENS
Salary range £19,000 - £19,564 per annum
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the Animal Department records system, including data input into ZIMS from the keeper reports (electronic transfer)
- Provide reports as requested
- Train new users to access and enter ZIMS data and help roll out ZIMS use across the zoo
- Provide support to users of the animal records system ZIMS in its use and in problem resolution
- Manage all animal transfers – both imports and exports
- Manage booking requests for the twice weekly vet clinics.
- Input data into the MedARKS veterinary records system (and ZIMS in due course).
- Ensure that the Senior Curator is advised of any concerns or potential problems with regard to the data or to animal transfers.
- Coordinate the Animal Dept Collection Plan spread sheet in conjunction with the Curators.
- Provide administrative support for the Senior Curator.
Very occasional weekend working may be necessary – time to be taken in lieu during the same month as working
Please mention Zoo News Digest should you apply for this post
Please also consider advertising your vacancy here in Zoo Jobs. Simply send it as an attachment or within the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancies advertised here reach more zoo/aquarium staff in more zoos around the world faster than any other medium
For Your Further Information