Technician – Animal Management Centre (2 positions available)
SPARSHOLT COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE
£15,075 - £18,290 (dependent upon qualifications)
The post holder will work under the direction of the Animal Management Centre (AMC) Manager in undertaking the management and daily husbandry of their area of specialism. There are 2 Technician vacancies that we are recruiting for based in the following areas:
- Herptiles and Invertebrates
Working with instructors, the post holder will provide practical support, and supervision to students in practical subjects both on an individual and group basis, ensuring provision is learner focused, to achieve exemplary standards in animal welfare, teaching and customer service.
Candidates should be educated to at least level 2 in a relevant vocational subject and be able to demonstrate significant professional experience working with a range of either reptile and amphibian species or mammal species, preferably in an accredited zoo or similar establishment. A flexible approach to a varied workload with a real enthusiasm for the animals you will be working with along with some teaching or supervisory experience would be advantageous.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus. The college is a full BIAZA member and holds extensive collections of these taxa with many species of conservation concern.
Within your application form please state which specialism you would be interested in applying for.
Closing Date: 16 December 2015
Interview Date: 22 December 2015
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 22 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Child Care Vouchers
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £85 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Dog Kennelling facility on Sparsholt campus (subject to availability)
• Discounted horse riding lessons at the Sparsholt Equine Centre
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Application packs are available from:
24 hour recruitment line: 01962 797438
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in