Applications are invited for the position of
The Animal Health department requires an individual who will use their qualification/s and skills to fulfil this vital role.
The Responsibilities will include:
· Assistance to the veterinary team with animal procedures, surgeries, examinations and routine health walks including the preparation process thereof.
· Animal treatment and monitoring: To ensure that prescribed treatment is issued where necessary and follow up treatment/s adhered to. This includes and is not limited to the dispensing, administering of such treatment and the recording of changes in treatment and medical condition/s of the treated animals.
· Sample management: Ensuring the accurate submission, processing and capturing of samples to in-house and outside laboratories and the receiving of related reports.
· Pharmacy management: Stringent monitoring and control of stock ensuring that an adequate supply is readily available.
· Animal Health Clinic and Laboratory upkeep: Ensuring that consumables are stocked in a systematic manner and that equipment is maintained and is in good working order. Ensuring a high standard of hygiene in the clinic and laboratory.
· Medical data control: Ensure that veterinary data is stored appropriately on the relevant database and provide assistance in communicating the findings of such reports.
· Minimum tertiary qualification: Diploma Veterinary Nurse (Dip. Vet. Nur.) Or related qualification.
· Proven display of conservation ethics.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to use own initiative.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 11 December 2015
Please submit your Curriculum Vitae and letter of motivation by either:
· E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Hand Delivery: The South African Association for Marine Biological Research
1 King Shaka Avenue, Durban
Should you not have heard from us by the 18 December 2015 , please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in