General Manager of Threatened Species Conservation
12 month contract, Full-time 1.0
Based at ZV Corporate Office (regular travel to all 3 ZV properties required)
Band 7, Monday to Friday roster with additional out of hours responsibilities compensated with time in lieu
Reports to Director of Wildlife Conservation and Science
We are seeking an experienced Threatened Species Manager with great stakeholder management and communication skills to join and lead the strategic Threatened Species team across Zoos Victoria.
The position leads the development of Threatened Species Recovery programmes across Zoos Victoria, including international conservation partnerships and Zoos Victoria's research portfolio.
Providing strategic leadership with a strong respect for science and innovation, the General Manager of Threatened Species will require;
- Proven decision making based on scientific principles
- Communication and management skills in developing and maintaining harmonious and participative staff relationships.
- Experience at successfully leading a team and fostering strong, creative approaches to problem solving
- Nurture strong relationships with internal and external partners to assist with the development and activation of partnership agreements
- Continue to guide and grow Zoos Victoria's investment and impact, both in situ and ex situ, across the organisations fighting extinction priorities.
- Well-developed financial management skills, with proven ability to manage budgets.
- Achieving the direction set for Threatened Species Conservation across the Wildlife Conservation Master Plan and Community Conservation Master Plan.
- Ensuring the implementation of effective evaluation and monitoring programs.
- Support whole of business imperatives including revenue growth, community conservation, environmental sustainability, animal welfare and the implementation of LEAN management priorities.
- Support the communication strategy for public relations and external communications
- Participate as a member of both the Senior Management and Leadership Teams.
In addition this position joins the Wildlife Conservation team who are committed to utilising threatened species conservation (biological sciences) and community conservation (social sciences) to benefit people and wildlife. The team's commitment to ensuring best practice across wildlife conservation, animal welfare, environmental sustainability and research will cement Zoos Victoria's position as a world leading zoo-based conservation organisation.
For more information on this role please refer to the position description below.
Please submit a maximum two page cover letter, and resume by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
Applications close Thursday 5th January 2017 at 5.00pm
The successful incumbent must be available to start in the position no later than 1 Feb 2017.
Location Melbourne Zoo
Work Type Fixed Term Full Time
Position Description View
Applications Close On 05/01/2017 at 5:00 PM
Independent International Zoo Consultant