Technician – Fish and Aquatics
£15,075 - £18,290 (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
SPARSHOLT COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE
The post holder will work under the direction of the Animal Management Centre (AMC) Manager in undertaking the management and husbandry of the Fish and Aquatics section. In addition to supporting the College’s education goals in this outstanding area of the curriculum, the department also has full BIAZA membership and participates in a number of conservation breeding programs. Working with teaching staff the post holder will provide practical support, and supervision to students in practical subjects both on an individual and group basis, ensuring provision is learner focused, to achieve exemplary standards in animal welfare, teaching and customer service.
Candidates should be educated to at least level 2 in a relevant vocational subject and be able to demonstrate a professional track record of work within the Fish/Aquatics industry. A flexible approach to a varied workload with a real enthusiasm for the fish you will be working with, plus herptile knowledge and experience would be an advantage. The post holder will be required to work weekends on a rotational basis.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
On-site Accommodation for single occupancy in a shared house may be available.
Closing Date: 09 January 2017
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 22 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Child Care Vouchers
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Free gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Dog Kennelling facility on Sparsholt campus (subject to availability)
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Application packs are available from:
Human Resources, Sparsholt College Hampshire, Winchester SO21 2NF
24 hour recruitment line: 01962 797438.
Independent International Zoo Consultant