Senior Animal Keeper - Primates
Newquay Zoo Newquay Zoo, a registered scientific and education charity, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced keeper to join our team. You will be responsible for the hands-on day-to-day husbandry of our primates section.
You will have at least 4 years’ experience working with primates as well as having completed the DMZAA course or equivalent qualification.
Previous supervisory experience would be beneficial. You will be a self-motivated team player with experience of training new keepers. Good communication and ICT skills would be an advantage.
You will have a broad knowledge of husbandry practices and an understanding of Zoo license regulations and be keen to improve on nutrition, enrichment and animal training techniques within the department.
A full driving licence is essential.
Newquay Zoo offers the following benefits (after probationary period):
- 28 days paid holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 days after 5 years.
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Branded uniform provided (as required)
- Relevant internal and external training provided
- Free entry to our 3 zoos for staff and immediate family
- Complimentary tickets
- Discounts in our Catering and Retail outlets (as applicable)
- Free staff parking
- Child care vouchers
Closing date for applications is: 18th May 2018
To apply please complete our online application form found on our website www.newquayzoo.org.uk/about/vacancies
Independent International Zoo Consultant