Threatened Species Biologist
- Full-time 1.0 fixed term to 30 June 2020
- Based at Melbourne Zoo (regular travel to all 3 ZV properties required)
- Band 6
- Monday to Friday roster with additional out of hours responsibilities compensated with time in lieu
- Reports to General Manager Threatened Species
We are seeking an experienced Biologist (or aligned discipline) with extensive experience working in threatened species conservation and has with great stakeholder management and communication skills to join the Threatened Species team across Zoos Victoria.
The position supports and in some cases leads, the development of threatened species recovery programmes across Zoos Victoria, including Zoos Victoria's research portfolio.
This position provides leadership within the Threatened Species Team, a team with a strong respect for science and innovation.
The Threatened Species Biologist will require;
- Proven decision making capability, based on scientific principles.
- Proven project development and management skills, including budget and financial management and the implementation of effective evaluation and monitoring programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work in a team environment and develop and maintain harmonious and participative staff relationships.
- A pre-disposition to nurture strong relationships with internal and external partners to assist with the development and activation of partnership agreements.
- An ability to guide and grow Zoos Victoria's investment and impact, both in situ and ex situ, across the organisations fighting extinction priorities.
- An ability to contribute substantially to the development new ZV Conservation Master plan 2019-2024.
- An ability to support whole of business imperatives including revenue growth, community conservation, environmental sustainability, animal welfare and the implementation of LEAN management priorities.
- An ability to support the communication strategy for public relations and external communications
In addition this position joins the Wildlife Conservation team who are committed to utilising threatened species conservation (biological sciences) and community conservation (social sciences) to benefit people and wildlife. The team's commitment to ensuring best practice across wildlife conservation, animal welfare, environmental sustainability and research will cement Zoos Victoria's position as a world leading zoo-based conservation organisation.
For more information on this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Craig Whiteford, General Manager -Threatened Species via email@example.com
Please submit a maximum two page cover letter, and resume by clicking on the 'Apply' link.
Applications close: Wednesday 15th August 2018 at 5.00pm
Independent International Zoo Consultant