Experienced Reptile Keeper
Reports to: Reptile Curator - Zoo Curator - Zoo Director
As a Reptile Keeper, you will have primary responsibility for the care and well being of animals under your supervision. Zoo Reptile keepers must also be understanding and sensitive to the needs of the animals under their care. They are responsible for the animal’s exhibits, involved with maintenance and landscaping, and presenting at daily demonstrations. Zoo Reptile Keepers are dedicated to conservation issues and animal welfare.
Australia Zoo Reptile Keepers continually work toward providing improved facilities and care for their animals. They do this with enthusiasm and motivation towards their individual learning and training.
The main duties include:
• Undertaking cleaning and maintenance of animal enclosures
• Assist with the planning, development and construction of animal enclosures
• Conduct animal health checks
• Prepare food and conduct feeding of animals in accordance with diet requirements, feeding schedule, and procedures
• Maintain records of observations and reports on animal behaviour and breeding
• Conduct environmental and enclosure safety checks
• Undertake animal enrichment programs
• Provide a high standard of customer service
• Undertake public speaking and/or delivering shows
• Work within the guidelines of health and safety procedures to ensure animal, personal and guest security
• Commitment to Australia Zoo’s confidentiality and privacy policies
• Participate in performance training and development reviews or programs as requested by the company both on and off the job
• Attend meeting as requested by Supervisor
• Other duties as requested by the Reptile Curator, Curator or Zoo Director
This position requires long term commitment working alongside management to further develop display areas and conservation efforts.
Weekend availability and own transport essential.
Please forward applications to email@example.com
Apply for this job below.
Applications close 4th of October 2009
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
Any achievements you may like to tell us about
your availability (what hours can you work)
A resume in .pdf or .doc format
Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.
Please visit Zoo News Digest at: http://zoonewsdigest.blogspot.com/