Do you want to join a Zoo whose dream is to be the best little Zoo in the world?
Are you passionate about Birds and Reptiles?
Wellington Zoo is a treasure, housing significant populations of animals and plants and also employing a team of people who are passionate about conservation, education, research and recreation. Some 180,000 people visit the Zoo each year. The Zoo conserves precious species and raises awareness in the sustainability of ecosystems while promoting a keen interest and appreciation for wildlife.
Under the management of the Wellington Zoo Trust, the Zoo is heading in new and exciting directions. Our dream is to be the best Little Zoo in the World.
Due to a permanent member of staff taking unpaid leave for a year we are looking for a fixed term Keeper to work 40 hours per week from approximately mid October 2009 to mid October 2010. The role will involve providing daily care to our animal Collection, predominantly our Bird and Reptile collection.
The successful applicant will have:
- A National Certificate in Captive Wild Animals or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in captive animal keeping and excellence in daily husbandry.
- Knowledge and experience in behavioural and environmental enrichment techniques.
- The ability to work with limited supervision, solve problems and work well in a team environment.
- A passion for communicating with visitors and sharing our stories.
- The ability to work on a roster that includes weekends and public holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Applications must be received by 5pm Friday 2 October 2009.
To apply please email your covering letter, CV and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Fixed Term Keeper Vacancy, c/- Wellington Zoo Trust, 200 Daniell Street, Newtown, Wellington 6021.
For more information please e-mail: email@example.com
Please visit Zoo News Digest at: http://zoonewsdigest.blogspot.com/