ELEPHANTS PLANCKENDAEL KMDA (Royal Zoological Society of Antwerp)
Is one of the biggest players in Belgium on Market day trips, with the brands ZOO Antwerp, Planckendael Serpentarium Blankenberge, and Queen Elizabeth Hall. We bear conservation and social responsibility in our high priority. It is our ambition to ensure the greatest possible biodiversity and build respect for human and animal. Our international scientific operation (active in their own country, as well as in Brazil and Cameroon) has already been rewarded with prestigious awards.
· You work on our Elephants department Planckendael as a member of a team of caretakers.
· You along with the other caregivers responsible for the wellbeing of the animals in your Department.
· You are responsible for the general care and feeding of animals, habitat, and maintenance of the department itself.
· You train the animals where possible and useful. You think actively and creatively about enrichment opportunities within the department.
· You give at fixed moments explaining to visitors about the animals and work within the Department.
· You enjoyed an education animal care.
· You have already worked with elephants, or you have a very strong interest in the training and care of these animals. You want to follow training if necessary.
· You are willing to step, with periodic evaluation. Along in a personal training program
· You have no problems with physically demanding work.
· You are interested in enrichment.
· You are willing to talk to the visitors with their questions about the animals and work.
· You are flexible. Work during weekends and holidays for you no problem.
· If you have knowledge of French and English is a plus.
· You work full time.
· You get a replacement contract of 12 months.
· You work in a pleasant environment, with an informal corporate culture.
· You will receive a competitive salary. Sundays and holidays are paid double.
Interested? Please send your CV + motivation letter by email to Tim.DeBacker@kmda.org
Please note, the requirements as listed above are absolutely necessary. It does not make sense to apply if you do not have all the requirements. We will be unable to take your application into consideration
Please mention Zoo News Digest
Should you apply for this post