Welcome to Wellington Zoo – the best little zoo in the world! We are passionate about conservation, learning, visitor and community engagement, and providing opportunities for people to find their personal connection with nature.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Keeper to join our Life Science team on a permanent full time basis (40 hours per week). The successful applicant will be responsible for the daily care of a variety of species and habitats within the Zoo’s animal collection. They will also need to be confident engaging with our visitors.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have:
- A minimum of 18 months experience.
- National Certificate in Animal Management (Captive Wild Animals), Certificate III in Zoo Keeping, or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in captive animal keeping and daily husbandry.
- Knowledge of behavioural and environmental enrichment techniques.
- The ability to work with limited supervision, solve problems and work well in a team environment.
- The flexibility to work on a roster that includes weekends and public holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills combined with excellent visitor engagement skills.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit. For further information including a position description and application form please see below:
To apply please email your covering letter, CV and completed application form to email@example.com or post to Zoo Keeper Vacancy, C/- Wellington Zoo Trust, 200 Daniell Street, Newtown, Wellington 6021.
Applications must be received by Friday 1 August 2014
For more information please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention Zoo News Digest
Should you apply for this post