Animal Keeper: Large Mammals
Twycross Zoo is currently going through an exciting period of change as the zoo develops and we are looking for dynamic, knowledgeable individuals to help lead the teams forward.
We currently have a vacancy for a Grade 1 Keeper on our Large Mammals section, which includes a range of ungulates and carnivores including zebra, nyala, tapir, Amur leopards, meerkats and giraffes which will arrive in 2015.
At this level you will be able to work effectively without supervision and complete work to a competent and high standard.
· A hands-on role, working on the section and covering all areas of daily animal husbandry
· Supporting and working closely with the Deputy Section Head
· Assisting with staff training
Key Skills & Requirements
· Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
· Able to demonstrate good working knowledge of the natural history and management of key species within the section
· A good team worker with a positive outlook
· Excellent communication skills
· Committed to continued professional development of yourself and other staff
· An animal related qualification such as ANCMZA or DZMAA would be advantageous
This is a full time position, including weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform, 31 days holiday, 5% employer’s pension contribution.
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com, detailing your salary expectations and notice period.
Closing date for applications: 16th December 2014