Senior Keeper: Large Mammals
Twycross Zoo is currently going through an exciting period of change as the zoo develops and we are looking for dynamic, knowledgeable individuals to help lead the teams forward.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Keeper on our Large Mammals section. The section manages a range of ungulate and carnivore species including zebra, nyala, tapir, Amur leopard, snow leopard, meerkat, Kirk’s dik dik, Asian elephant and giraffe, which will arrive in 2015.
• A hands-on role, working on the section and covering all areas of daily animal husbandry including feeding, cleaning, training and record keeping
• Interacting with visitors to the zoo
• Assisting with the supervision and training of staff
Key Skills & Requirements
• A high performing, enthusiastic individual with a proven track record in zoo animal management
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a keeper
• Able to demonstrate a substantial working knowledge of the natural history and management of key species
• A good team worker with a positive outlook
• Excellent communication skills
• Committed to continued professional development of yourself and other staff
• Supervisory experience advantageous
• An animal related qualification such as ANCMZA or DZMAA
This is a full time position, including weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform, 31 days holiday, 5% employer’s pension contribution.
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd January 2015