Exmoor Zoo has need of a full time experienced mammal keeper to help look after this section. This is an exciting time to jump on board as new species such as wolves, hyena and wolverine are due to come to the collection over the next 12 months.
• All the animal husbandry associated with a diversity and the range of species which we are known for including; golden cats, gibbons, melanistic leopards, callitrichids, singing dogs, lemurs, cheetah, tapir, reindeer, caracal, red river hogs etc., etc.
• Interacting and presenting talks and encounters to members of the visiting public
Key skills and requirements
• Experience of at least 1 year of practical animal husbandry application
• Educational qualifications to at least NVQ3 Animal Care standard
• A good ability to communicate and share knowledge
• An ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the natural history and management of key species.
This is a full time position of 5 eight hour working days with 2 consecutive days off every week. Salary dependent on experience.
Please send your electronic CV and covering letter by email to Danny Reynolds email@example.com
Closing date for applications will be January the 1st 2015 and interviews will take place by arrangement up to and just beyond this date.