Rare Species Conservation Centre has recently embarked on some significant new developments and expansion.
Therefore we are looking for driven, experienced and organised individuals to assist us in our expansion.
RSCC opened in 2006 and is a 8 acre facility specialising in lesser known species in an attractive, friendly and personal setting.
Specialising in Carnivores we are home to many such as Clouded Leopard, Malayan Tiger, Sun Bear, Palawan Bearcat and Fanaloka but many Interesting other non Carnivores like Tarsier, Echidna, Hornbills, Cassowary and many more.
* Leading a small team of Animal Keepers and co ordinating staff training and leading and supervising daily onsite animal staff duties.
* Working directly with Collection Manager and Director
* Stock control of animal collection food supplies and supplementary items.
* Hands on position, also working directly with animals.
* Liasing with Veterinarian and supervision of medical treatments and diets.
* Engaging directly with visitors to the Centre, overseeing visitor programs, giving talks and escorting tours.
* Supervising volunteer and work experience training.
* Supervising the ongoing care & maintenance of the gardens and other landscaping.
Required Skills & Experience
* Minimum of 3 year's experience in a full time supervisory animal keeping or similar type role either in the UK or abroad.
* Must be able to demonstrate an excellent overall knowledge and interest in the key species that RSCC maintains.
* Previous experience working closely with carnivores essential.
* Interest in horticulture preferred.
* Must have exceptional standards of cleanliness and organisation.
* Must have strong leadership skills and be able to keep order even when under pressure.
* Must have excellent communication skills.
* Need to be physically fit.
* A Full UK Driving License or equivalent.
* Ability to use ZIMS comprehensively
* Firearms trained/licensed not essential but highly beneficial
* A recognised animal management or keeping qualification would be advantageous.
Applicants from outside of the UK very welcome to apply.
Full time position, includes weekends and evenings on a rota system.
28 days paid holiday per annum, uniform provided and required.
Salary between £20,000 - £26,000 depending on experience.
Please apply by email with a full CV and covering letter to:
Closing date for applications: December 15th, 2014
Position start date: No later than February 1st, 2014