Rare Species Conservation Centre has recently embarked on some significant new developments and expansion.
Therefore we are looking for driven, experienced and organised individuals to assist us in our expansion.
RSCC opened in 2006 and is a 8 acre facility specialising in lesser known species in an attractive, friendly and personal setting.
Specialising in Carnivores we are home to many such as Clouded Leopard, Malayan Tiger, Sun Bear, Palawan Bearcat and Fanaloka but many Interesting other non Carnivores like Tarsier, Echidna, Hornbills, Cassowary and many more.
* Hands on position, preparation and distribution of diets, maintaining enclosure cleanliness, enrichment and observation.
* Engaging directly with visitors to the Centre, giving talks and escorting tours.
* Directly working with and supporting the Team Leader.
* Assisting with volunteer and work experience training.
Required Skills & Experience
* Minimum of 3 year's experience in a full time animal keeping role either in the UK or abroad.
* Must be able to demonstrate a good overall knowledge and interest in the key species that you will be working with.
* Must have exceptional standards of cleanliness.
* Must have excellent communication skills.
* Need to be physically fit.
* A Full UK Driving License or equivalent.
* A recognised animal management or keeping qualification would be advantageous.
Applicants from outside of the UK very welcome to apply.
Full time position, includes weekends and evenings on a rota system.
28 days paid holiday per annum, uniform provided and required.
Salary between £16,000 - £19,000 depending on experience.
Please apply by email with a full CV and covering letter to:
Closing date for applications: December 15th, 2014
Position start date: No later than February 1st, 2014