Senior Keeper: Elephants
Twycross Zoo is currently going through an exciting period of change as the zoo develops and we are looking for dynamic, knowledgeable individuals to help lead the teams forward.
The elephants section comprises a herd of 5 Asian elephants, which includes two mother/daughter pairings, ranging in age from 9 months to 28 years old. A new grass paddock and raised visitor walkway with viewing area was completed this summer to complement the large sand paddock and pool.
· A hands-on role, working on the section and covering all areas of daily animal husbandry
· Assisting with staff training
Key Skills & Requirements
· Proven track record of working with elephants in a protected contact system
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience as an elephant keeper
· Able to demonstrate good working knowledge of the natural history and management of elephants
· Committed to continued professional development of yourself and other staff
· Supervisory experience advantageous
· An animal related qualification such as ANCMZA or DZMAA
This is a full time position, including weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform, 31 days holiday, 5% employer’s pension contribution.
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing your salary expectations and notice period.
Closing date for applications: 16th December 2014