Deputy Section Head - Carnivores
Situated near Canterbury in Kent, Howletts Wild Animal Park works in conjunction with The Aspinall Foundation; a charity committed to protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction through captive breeding and reintroduction programmes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team of dedicated carnivore keepers at Howletts Wild Animal Park. The ideal candidate will have at least three years significant experience in a mainstream zoological collection (preferably in a similar position) and an awareness of current conservation issues and a passion for animal welfare.
Essential requirements of the role:
- The ability to deputise for the Section Head in his absence.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and report writing.
- The ability to supervise staff and ensure that the section is maintained to the highest standards in terms of front of house and behind the scenes presentation.
- A proactive approach to work in general.
- A full, clean driving licence.
- Adherence and a good understanding of health and safety requirements of a modern zoological collection.
- Willingness to be part of our general security team.
- Experience driving farm machinery.
- Maintenance and machinery skills.
- IT literate.
- Fire arms trained.
Working 5 days a week, including weekends and bank holidays, the successful candidate will have a genuinely flexible approach to working hours. Single person accommodation may be available. All applicants must have right to work in the UK.
To apply: please email a CV along with a full covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role directly to Joanna Stephens: email@example.com
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, Lympne, Hythe, Kent, CT21 4PD
Closing date: Monday 31st August 2015 or sooner if sufficient applicants are received.
Visit our website at www.aspinallfoundation.org for further information.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in