Chester Zoo has 1.43 million zoo visitors a year. It is one of the leading zoological collections in Europe with an international reputation for achieving its mission in conservation, research and education. With the new ‘Islands’ site now open, 2015 is set to be an exciting year! This unique and innovative project will provide an immersive experience; showcasing the animals and plants of South-east Asia and working towards a better understanding of the vital conservation work being undertaken in this region.
We are seeking to recruit a Volunteer Manager on a permanent basis within our award winning Discovery & Learning Division. The successful candidate will be managing a large number of volunteers on a daily basis, ensuring they match our expectations for guest experience and in line with the Zoo’s core mission and values.
The role requires the post holder to provide administrative support to all teams who work with volunteers and ensure we deliver the best possible volunteer programme. The successful candidate will recruit, train and develop our volunteers, ensuring their knowledge and skills are maintained to our standards.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Substantial experience of managing volunteers
• Experience working in a large public facing organisation
• Excellent customer service skills
• Practical knowledge of developing public facing volunteer roles
• Experience of delivering engaging training sessions
• The ability to work under pressure and deal with sensitive issues
• Excellent time management, administration and planning skills
• The ability to multi-task
• Experience working in partnerships with multiple organisations
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• A high level of competency in the use of all Microsoft packages and the use of digital technologies for public engagement
• Excellent diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
A formal qualification with a volunteer management element and a working knowledge of conservation and zoology is desirable.
You will be required to work 40 hours per week within a 5 in 7 roster system which will include weekends and Bank Holidays. Salary is £30,227.53 per annum.
To apply for this position, please provide your current CV and covering letter stating why you believe you should be considered for our Volunteer Manager role to http://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers.
Application URL : http://www.chesterzoo.careers/applynow/c6a6d85867e82ffb?s=ZooNewsDigest
Closing date for applications is 6th September 2015.
Interviews will be held the week commencing 21st September 2015.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in