THESE POSTS ARE NOW FILLED
(Temporary Contract Expected To Last 6 Months)
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed
animal collection starting with Giraffe Savannah and Gibbon Forest in 2015.
We currently have two vacancies for Education Rangers who will support the team during our Autumn season. These contracts are for a minimum of 20 hours per week (additional hours may
be available depending on visitor numbers and weather conditions).
· Deliver presentations and activities
· Staff exhibits and facilitate visitor engagement
· Take bookings for Discovery programmes
· Handle enquiries from visitors
· Assist with the delivery of pre-booked educational programmes
· Produce high quality resources for educational activities
Key Skills and Requirements
· Excellent presentation skills and great customer service
· An Education-related qualification and/or experience would be advantageous
· A zoo-related qualification would be desirable
· Experience handling small animals
Rates of pay are £5.25 per hour at ages 16-17, £5.68 at ages 18, 19 & 20 and £6.50 at age 21 and above. Minimum age is 16 for Health and Safety reasons.
To apply for one of these positions, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in