Section Head of Carnivores
Situated near Canterbury in Kent, Howletts Wild Animal Park works in conjunction with The Aspinall Foundation; a charity committed to protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction through captive breeding and reintroduction programmes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to lead our team of dedicated carnivore keepers at Howletts Wild Animal Park. The ideal candidate will have three or more years significant experience in a mainstream zoological collection, ideally in a similar position working with carnivores. You should demonstrate an awareness of current conservation issues and a passion for animal welfare.
Essential requirements of the role:
- To oversee the daily running of the section and its 5 staff.
- The ability to deal with requests quickly and efficiently as directed by the Animal Director and company Chairman.
- The ability to supervise staff and ensure that the section is maintained to the highest standards in terms of front of house and behind the scenes presentation.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and report writing.
- A proactive “can do” approach to work in general.
- To lead the section by example with a mature and positive attitude.
- A full, clean driving licence.
- Adherence and a good understanding of health and safety requirements of a modern zoological collection.
- Willingness to be part of our general security team.
- Experience driving farm machinery.
- Maintenance and machinery skills.
- IT literate.
- Fire arms trained.
Working 5 days a week, including weekends and bank holidays, the successful candidate will have a genuinely flexible approach to working hours. Single person accommodation may be available. All applicants must have right to work in the UK.
To apply: please email a CV along with a full covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role directly to Joanna Stephens: email@example.com
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, Lympne, Hythe, Kent, CT21 4PD
Closing date: Wednesday 9th September 2015 or sooner if sufficient applicants are received.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in