Team Leader: Large Mammals
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Giraffe Savannah and Gibbon Forest in 2015.
We currently have a vacancy for a Team Leader to work on our Large Mammals section. This area manages a variety of hoofstock, carnivores and our herd of 5 Asian Elephants.
· A hands-on role, working on the section
· Supervising all areas of daily animal husbandry
· Developing, supervising, recruiting and training staff
· Organisation of section activities alongside other senior staff within the Large Mammals section
· Develop zoo policies and procedures
Key Skills & Requirements:
· High performing and enthusiastic
· Proven track record of working with large mammals in a protected contact system
· Substantial experience of zoological animal management, with at least 8 years’ relevant experience
· Able to demonstrate good working knowledge of the natural history and management of all animal groups present in the Zoo
· Able to demonstrate awareness of risk
· Good team worker with positive outlook
· Flexible and calm working style to effectively handle a variety of issues at once
· Excellent communication and IT skills
· Committed to continued professional development of yourself and others
· An animal related qualification such as ANCMZA or DZMAA
The role is permanent full time and includes weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform and 31 days holiday per annum.
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in