Deputy Section Head of Hoofstock
Howletts Wild Animal Park in Kent is recruiting for an experienced keeper to help manage the Hoofstock section.
The successful candidate will help oversee the day to day running of the Hoofstock section and deputise as manager in the absence of the Section Head.
The Hoofstock collection at Howletts consists of a wide variety of species including Bongo, Kudu and Black Rhino. This position will allow the right person to help shape and oversee the direction of the section over the coming years. We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated person with a proven track record in terms of personnel management and animal husbandry skills.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a main stream animal collection some of
which should include hoofstock.
· Experience in managing people.
· Self-motivated and reliable.
· Licence and ability to drive a tractor and trailer.
· Excellent communication and people skills.
· Basic computer skills.
· Full UK/ EU driving licence.
· Firearms trained.
· Collection planning.
· Participate in security duties.
· Broad knowledge of conservation issues.
Single person accommodation may be available.
To Apply: Please email a CV and covering letter outlining why you are the right person for the position to Jo Stephens - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 20th September 2016
Independent International Zoo Consultant