Chessington World of Adventures
We are Chessington World of Adventures Resort and we are part of the magical Merlin Entertainments!
Guests visit Chessington World of Adventures for Britain’s wildest day out and the animals they encounter all add to the atmosphere of excitement and discovery. From Tigers to Gorillas and Military Macaws to Marmosets, our Zoo and SEA LIFE Centre boast a huge array of wildlife. Every section is designed to help our Adventurers get up even closer and more personal with the cheeky, the mischievous and the exotic – and in this key role, you’ll be right there at the heart of it, making sure that everything runs smoothly. Supporting the Assistant Zoo Operations Managers in the safe & efficient delivery of the Zoo operation, focusing on animal welfare & husbandry and of course, Adventurer experience!
Heading up our Wild Connection team, this position will be at the forefront of how we present our animals to our guests. But it’s not just about running the various displays meet and greets and wowing our adventurers with amazing facts, we also want you to bring your own ideas for new shows, new animals and new ways we could interact. One of your key objectives will be to lead, motivate and develop the Wild Connections team, ensuring all delivery is of an excellent standard of Safety, Guests Service, Education and Animal Welfare. You will assist and support the Assistant Zoo Operations Managers and other Zoo Supervisors in animal husbandry and staff management. Finally you will develop and implement the most current animal training techniques and procedures with the team and stock.
We are looking for the following skills and experience;
- Dynamic people leader with drive and passion for focus and development
- Solid background of Health & Safety knowledge and crucial Zoo Legislation
- Organised and flexible with the business needs
- Able to stay focused and in control under pressure
- Actively evolve with change and business requirements and keep up to date within your field
- Minimum 5 years of animal husbandry experience working with a variety of animals, flight experience is advantageous.
- Qualification in animal management or have relevant experience.
- Experience in training and can show a full understanding of operant conditioning.
This role is full time, permanent, averaging 40 hours per week and will include weekends and bank holidays.
Alongside a competitive annual up to £19,800 and 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) you can look forward to enjoying a great benefits package including a Group Personal Pension Plan, Merlin Magic pass, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants, 40% discount online off of LEGO, and much more!
Closing date for applications is: 24th Jul 2018
To apply go to:
Independent International Zoo Consultant