The job holder is responsible for acquisition, maintenance and monitoring of live exhibits, administering diving programmes, supervising and training Aquarium staff and contributing to the development of new exhibits and promotions in the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo.
- Ensures highest standards of animal care across all exhibits
- Ensures animal quarantine and acquisitions of specimen prior to launching of new exhibits.
- Performs general curatorial responsibilities in the absence of the Curator.
- Assists the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo in complying with the Local Regulations in the Zoo Licensing Act.
- Assists the Curator in managing the Curatorial team’s budget to achieve agreed objectives.
- Ensures adequate supplies are available to run the Curatorial team, including animal feeds and equipment and ensures timely placement of orders.
- Works with the Life Support System & Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that life support systems are adequate for maintaining the collection and that water quality is maintained.
- Conducts routine specimen recording and monitoring programmes.
- Ensures excellent customer service at all times.
- Ensures continual improvement in all areas of responsibility
- Assists the Curator with recruitment.
- Identifies training needs and conducts performance appraisal for the team members.
- Monitors the team and provides feedback as necessary.
Adherence to Policies and Procedures:
- Behaves in line with code of conduct and adheres to the applicable company policies and procedures
The Exhibit Curator has the Aquarist, Lead Aquarist, Lead Aquarist Creepy Crawlies, Exhibit Supervisor, Dive Supervisor, Food Culture Technician and Food Preparation Staff reporting into him
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Minimum Masters degree in Biology, preferably Marine Biology or Oceanography or equivalent experience
- Advance SCUBA certification from a recognized training agency required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in maintaining an aquarium or similar facility.
- Computer skills required.
- Good English Language skills required.
- Valid Dubai driver’s license preferred.
- Ability to integrate with the team to achieve results.
- Ability to utilize available resources effectively.
To learn more or apply please click HERE
Independent International Zoo Consultant