ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
Salary: from £20,694 to £23,802 p.a. (inclusive of Weekend Enhancement), depending on experience.
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced elephant keeper at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. This is an exciting opportunity to join our innovative and dynamic elephant team in the management of our breeding herd of Asian elephants. Primarily free contact the Elephants are given daily walks around our 600 acre site as well as providing public education demonstrations. ZSL has and continues to contribute to research and AI projects.
If you are currently an Elephant Keeper and would like to join ZSL’s world class Elephant team and you match the following requirements:
• A proven track record of working with Elephants and familiar with all aspects of elephant management.
• Have attained the DMZAA in the Management of Zoo Animals or equivalent, or be prepared to undertake the 2 year Animal Management Course.
• Have good communication skills, enthusiasm and an outgoing and friendly personality in order to communicate with visitors on a one-to-one basis and in front of a large audience.
• Be flexible both in approach to work and working hours.
• Be totally reliable, and be able to work effectively within a well disciplined team.
• Have a full driving licence.
To apply please complete and attach separately the ZSL Application Form and Equality of Opportunity Monitoring form on our website (www.zsl.org) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: Friday 10 October 2014
The Zoological Society of London is a registered Charity. No: 208728
Please mention Zoo News Digest
Should you apply for this post