Full Time Animal Keeper
Battersea Park Children’s Zoo
Battersea Park Children’s Zoo is a small family run zoo focussing on educating and inspiring children to respect animals and their environment. A fun dynamic zoo playing an important role in the local community.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic person to join our small team of keepers.
The applicant will be friendly, outgoing person with a flexible and “hands on approach” able to work as part of a team.
The role involves:
- General animal husbandry duties performed to very high standards
- Daily keeper talks requiring good presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with our visitors in a courteous and friendly manner and inspire our younger visitors.
- Grounds and enclosure maintenance. Good practical skills essential including use of hand tools.
- Previous animal husbandry experience within a zoological or animal collection essential - minimum 2 years
- Relevant qualifications in animal husbandry etc
- Small primate and exotic animal experience an advantage
- Driving licence essential
This interesting and demanding job includes working Bank Holidays and weekends on rota
For application form contact Moira at Head Office
Telephone 01298814099 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms September 30th 2014
Please mention Zoo News Digest
Should you apply for this post