Collection Manager/Head Keeper (full time)
Salary: circa £23,000 per annum
Tropical Wings Zoo is an established visitor attraction with an emphasis on Conservation and Education. We pride ourselves on being highly engaging and interactive. Our guest experiences are well received with high praise for our beautiful Tropical House and diverse animal collection. 2015 is already bringing positive change within our small Zoo with new developments and big plans for the future. New employees joining our team will become fundamental and integral to our goals and aspirations.
Tropical Wings Zoo is currently looking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to lead and inspire our existing team of zoo keepers, work experience placements and volunteers whilst actively overseeing the care and management of our diverse collection of animals and all aspects of modern zoo management. You will be an active overseer and will be expected to ensure ‘best practice’ is applied to all aspects of our visitor experience, animal and visitor facilities. You will be responsible for the implementation of our conservation and research strategies and outputs and of course maintaining our zoo to BIAZA and EAZA criteria and standards.
The ideal candidate will have:
· A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience within a zoological collection and working with a diverse range of taxa
· You will have been established and have proven success within a managerial position for a minimum of 3 years
· Proven experience with ZIMS, computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft packages with the ability to be technologically driven
· DMZAA qualification or equivalent
· Excellent communication skills
· Managerial training or qualifications that reflect a unique management style and proven history maintaining an efficient and effective team
· A unique outlook on zoological management and ‘out of the box’ innovative mindset
· A full clean driving licence
Send completed application form, CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in