Senior Animal Keeper - Elephants
Woburn Safari Park is currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Animal Keeper to join the Elephant team. Woburn’s Elephant Herd consists of 4 Adult Asian elephants and our 6 month old elephant calf, which are managed primarily in free contact.
Duties will include daily husbandry and management of the elephants including training, washing and exercising. The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a close knit team, and be able to demonstrate the good communication skills required for regular elephant presentations and special experiences.
The ideal candidate would be required to have the following;
- · A significant level of experience working with elephants in free contact
- · Have attained the ANC in the Management of Zoo Animals qualification or equivalent
- · Work well within a team and be able to supervise and develop work experience students
- · Flexible approach to work and working hours
- · Current full driving license
The position is full time working 5 days out of 7. As this will include regular weekend working, a flexible approach to days / hours will be required.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit our website www.woburnsafari.co.uk.
Closing date: Friday 1st May 2015
If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in