Team Leader (Discovery)
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Giraffe Savannah and Gibbon Forest in 2015.
We currently have a vacancy for a Team Leader (Discovery) within our Education Department. Reporting to the Discovery & Learning Manager, the key purpose of this role is to improve knowledge of conservation and welfare by delivering a high standard of varied educational activities to all ages.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Day to day supervision and development of the Discovery team including volunteers
· Assist with development and delivery of visitor “education” programme”
· Facilitate bookings of educational visits
· Prepare and develop educational resources linked with national curriculum
· Produce educational marketing and promotional material
· Represent the Zoo at events
Key Skills & Requirements:
The successful applicant will have a degree (or equivalent level qualification) in a Zoo related subject and, ideally, will hold a teaching qualification or have significant teaching experience. Excellent presentation skills are essential along with an outgoing and confident personality and supervisory experience. Experience in handling small animals (mammals and exotics) would be preferred.
This is a full time position, 5 days out of 7, including weekends, bank holidays and school holidays. Salary is paid monthly and we provide 31 days holiday per annum.
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to:
Closing Date: Monday 21st September 2015
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in