Animal Stores Co-ordinator
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Gibbon Forest in 2016.
A new role has been created for an Animal Stores Co-ordinator to co-ordinate, monitor, source and order supplies for the animal department which comprises of 4 sections: Great Apes, Primates, Large Mammals and Birds & Pets. The successful candidate will have strong organisational skills and take a hands-on approach, being confident in handling all types of produce including meat and fish in frozen and fresh
· Develop the animal stores and goods ordering processes to improve efficiency
· Ensure stock is controlled, monitored, organised and rotated (general stores, dry feed, fresh and frozen food)
· Source competitively priced alternatives
· Receive, unload and organise deliveries and donations
· Assist in the management of budgets in conjunction with the Curator of Living Collections
· Collect goods and donations using zoo vehicles as required
· Assist with stock movement around the site
· Ensure animal stores, barn, centralised kitchen and yard areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness and tidiness
Key Skills & Requirements:
· Strong organisational skills in both operational and administrative areas
· Good communication skills with a calm and approachable manner
· Good IT skills (word, excel) and basic mathematical competence
· Experience in stores management desirable
· Full valid driving licence essential and willingness to undertake training on operation of zoo vehicles
· Self-motivated and independent with ability to work well within the broader zoo team
· Physically fit for the required tasks including daily manual handling
The role is permanent full-time working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 0800 to 1700 with 1 hour’s unpaid break and may include occasional weekend working. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform and 31 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays).
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.