An exciting opportunity has arisen within Skegness Aquarium’s Zoo Crew for an experienced Aquarist to join the team at a brand new attraction opened on Skegness sea front just last year. Skegness Aquarium is home to tropical marine and terrestrial species set around an interactive Treasure Island themed environment.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Daily husbandry and maintenance of displays
• Life support systems maintenance
• Record keeping
• Maintaining highest standards of animal welfare, compliance with zoo licensing and delivering veterinary care
• Guest interpretation and interaction
• Assisting Dive team with dive operations
• At least one year experience working within the aquarium industry
• Experience of tropical aquatic husbandry and sound knowledge of aquarium life support systems
• Proven ability to work under own initiative, high attention to detail and key team player
• Good communication skills and confidence speaking in public and interacting with visitors
• Excellent record keeping skills and knowledge of zoo licensing procedure
• Passionate about delivering the highest standards throughout the work environment
• Be able to relocate within 20 minutes of the aquarium
• Qualification/degree in marine biology, animal care or similar
• DMZAA would be beneficial
• Qualified PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent, and be able to obtain a HSE Dive Medical
• Experience in coral and jellyfish husbandry
• Experience working with terrestrial invertebrates, amphibians and reptiles
This is a full time position which includes working regular weekends and bank holidays as well as being on call for out of hour's emergencies, working sometimes early or late to meet business demands.
For more information please contact, or to apply send a CV and cover letter to:
Skegness Aquarium, Tower Esplanade, Skegness, Lincolnshire, PE25 3HH.
Due to the high number of applicants, we regret that only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.
Closing date: 22/04/2016