Volunteers’ Co-ordinator – Paignton Zoo and Living Coasts
Age related pay
Permanent Part-time – 15 hours per week
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to become the Volunteers’ Coordinator for Paignton Zoo and Living Coasts. Together with the Group Volunteers’ Manager you will champion the aims and ethos of volunteering across the organisation.
You will work with the Group Volunteers’ Manager to develop and strengthen the Volunteer Schemes across the sites, maximising volunteer opportunities, where appropriate, whilst ensuring that our aims and the ethos of the Volunteer Scheme are adhered to. You will also work alongside all departments in the organisation to ascertain roles suitable for volunteers and ensure that the role taken on by volunteers is suitable and training is given where necessary.
The successful candidate will come with an understanding of how the Volunteer sector works from either working within it or having been a volunteer themselves.
Personal training and development
· Keep up to date with current legislation and its implementation.
· Be familiar with all aspects of volunteer activities.
· Be familiar with the work and activities of WWCT and its sites.
· Delivering targets and goals for volunteer activities as set by the Group Volunteers’ Manager.
· Recruitment and selection of all volunteers.
· Keeping adequate records on all volunteers, recording hours provided and following the recognition system.
Volunteer training and development
· Coordination of training (induction and role / task related) of all volunteers.
· In conjunction with the Operational Teams, ensure that all volunteers have the training, support and up to date information they need to carry out their roles / tasks.
· Identification and implementation of appropriate and regular refresher training and information exchange.
· Development and production of up to date support material, including information sheets and handbook, newsletters and updates.
Volunteer roles / duty coverage
· To ensure, where appropriate, the individual needs of all departments are met and manage one off requests for volunteer support.
· Identifying and developing new volunteering opportunities with the Group Volunteers’ Manager, Operational Teams and Line Managers.
· Arranging the supervision of all volunteer roles / tasks in consultation with the relevant Operational Manager.
· Maintain the volunteer rotas to ensure, where possible, requirements are satisfied.
· Ensure that all volunteers are fully briefed and equipped for their duties.
· Ensure that weekend volunteers are adequately supported (this may mean that weekend working is required).
· In conjunction with the relevant Operational Manager, ensure that volunteers are happy; providing regular feedback to the Group Volunteers’ Manager.
· Ensure that problems with volunteers are dealt with promptly and the outcome is communicated to the relevant Operational Manager / Group Volunteers’ Manager.
To apply please complete our online application form available on our website: www.paigntonzoo.org.uk/vacancies
Closing date: Friday 20th April 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed
Independent International Zoo Consultant